Monday, April 15, 2013

Pizza for One

 
 

     What to cook when there is nothing to cook? Last night I made a personal pizza using a whole grain tortilla as the crust. I put my well-seasoned pizza stone in the oven at 450 while I was deciding on the toppings. I use Trader Joe's pizza sauce in a jar because it's decent and always on hand. The last pie I made had grilled zucchini slices on top but I didn't have any on hand. I cooked a pot of quinoa earlier in the day so I spread a layer of that on top of the sauce and frozen petite green peas scattered over the quinoa. Shaved parmesan cheese was the final layer. 
     I heated the stone for another 5 minutes after the assembly was complete. I kept an eye on it through the glass door in my oven after I slid the pizza off the peel. These thin things cook up very quickly. It was done in around 8 minutes and it was very good. I have to get a basil plant for future pies. Use your imagination throw one together yourself using what's on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment