Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Magic Bathroom Ring Remover

What is this, you ask? It's a touchy subject and I'm not really anxious to discuss toilets or anything else about housecleaning on my blog but when I find a household hint that everyone can use, I feel I must share. I read about this magic sheet of drywall sandpaper and its ability to remove that ring around your toilet bowl when nothing else will. As you know, I've been cleaning the lower level of my cottage and there are two bathrooms down there. Since my mother's passing, I have only been going down to do laundry and neither bowl has been flushed regularly. Everything came sparking clean with little effort except for one ring around the water level and nothing would remove it.  I have very hard well water and no water conditioner. I looked around in my store room where all the construction leftovers were stored from my renovation and I found one sheet of this drywall sandpaper. I cut off a piece and followed these instructions and the rest is history. Both rings are GONE! The sandpaper did not scratch the white porcelain either. I am thrilled. This is great to know if you have a vacation home that isn't used on a daily basis. Sometimes the drudgery of housework has a bright spot to make you want to keep going. I can see light at the end of the tunnel and I'm feeling good! 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment