Sunday, June 16, 2013

My Mother and Baby Me


I've been working downstairs all week for the first time since losing my mother in December. Up until now, I have only been going down there to do laundry. After I washed all the windows and screens and doors on the outside of the lower level, I decided it was time to go inside to start putting things in order. I still have a lot to do but the kitchen, living room and laundry room are looking pretty nice. I found this old photo in a drawer and took a quick picture of it through the glass with my phone. My mother looks so happy and proud of me and I'm trying to tell the photographer how to take the picture using mental telepathy since I didn't know how to talk. I'm sure she made her dress and probably mine too. One of my grandmothers probably did the needlework trim. My mother saved and saved to buy a sewing machine during those war years when everything was so hard to get. It was a Singer, of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment