Monday, July 8, 2013

Follow Up on ENDEAVOUR on PBS Masterpiece Mystery


Shaun Evans is Endeavour Morse,
 a detective fond of puzzles and poetry.
Did you watch last night? I did and I kept falling asleep. I want to watch again to see if it was because it seemed slow and complicated or because I was tired. I emailed a friend in Massachusetts and she felt the same way even though we both loved the Pilot.

I found a great review in The New York Times. Here's part of it . . . "those who watch mysteries for the mystery — may lose patience as the episode’s overly complicated plot, involving a dead secretary, a doctor murdered in a public restroom, a series of post office robberies and a love child, is resolved haphazardly and implausibly." Now I feel better and I'll stick with the series even if I have to find a review the next day to explain it to me.

I missed out on DCI Banks when it first started so I plan to watch Season I online. I've seen bits and pieces of it when I was switching channels and it looks good too. Thank you, New York Times!

No comments:

Post a Comment